Jodi is a highly-regarded barrister practicing in commercial law and equity who has been consistently recognised in Doyles Guide, Who’s Who Legal: Construction, Who’s Who Legal: Australia and Best Lawyers in Australia as a leading barrister in Litigation, Insurance, Construction Law, Employment and Industrial Relations and Alternative Dispute Resolution. She brings over 25 years’ legal and commercial experience to the resolution of her clients’ disputes. Complementing her practice as a barrister, she deploys her strong negotiation and communication skills when appearing as counsel at mediations, and when acting as a mediator.
Often a barrister of choice in large-scale litigation, Jodi regularly appears unled in significant matters in the Supreme Court of NSW and Federal Court of Australia, and where the matter warrants, with a junior barrister. Jodi has also been led by some of Australia’s most highly-esteemed Senior Counsel in complex disputes in the High Court of Australia and NSW Court of Appeal.
Her knowledge and expertise across the broad range of commercial practice areas listed below has seen her act and advise international and multi-national corporations, the State and Commonwealth Government, as well as high-profile individual clients. Her considerable list of long-standing clients commend her on her commercial and strategic advice, together with her advocacy skills and judgment.
For any enquiries, or to brief Jodi, please contact her clerk, Paul Walker on (02) 8915 5102.
- 2020 Doyles Guide: Recommended Leading Construction and Infrastructure Junior Counsel – NSW
- 2020 Best Lawyers in Australia: Alternative Dispute Resolution, Insurance Law and Litigation (and as published in the Australian Financial Review)
- 2019 Best Lawyers in Australia: Litigation, Insurance and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- 2019 Who’s Who Legal: Australia – Construction (WWL says “Jodi Steele is a highly regarded barrister who stands out for her strong expertise in construction claims and insurance matters”).
- 2019 Top 100 Women in Construction and Development
- 2018 Who’s Who Legal: Australia
- 2018 Best Lawyers in Australia
- 2018 Who’s Who Legal: Construction (WWL says sources have praised me as “incisive, hardworking and with a great understanding of construction law and principles”)
- 2018 Top 100 Women in Construction and Development
- 2017 Doyles Guide: Leading Construction Barrister
- 2017 Best Lawyers in Australia: Commercial Litigation, Insurance and Dispute Resolution
- 2016 Doyles Guide: Leading Junior Counsel in Construction Law, Employment, Industrial Relations and WHS barristers;
- 2016 Best Lawyers in Australia: Commercial Litigation, Insurance, Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- 2015 Doyles Guide: Leading Construction Barrister
- 2015 Best Lawyers in Australia: Litigation and ADR
- 2014 Best Lawyers in Australia: ADR